Re: [AMBER] WG: tleap output of mol2 format with incorrect bond order

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 15:01:16 -0500

tleap does not use bond order for much, if anything. As a result, there is
little incentive to save bond orders and propagate those.

Here is a previous discussion of the topic taken from googling "tleap mol2
bond order":

http://archive.ambermd.org/201302/0352.html

While there is a variable inside tleap for reading bond orders, it is not
used reliably (due to its unimportance in force field parametrization
inside tleap). Therefore, I suspect the mol2 reader and writer ignored
bond orders and set them all to 1. In this case, there is nothing you can
do short of fixing the code. (Again, because it's unimportant for the most
part, it won't be high on anybody's list of things-to-do.)

If you are doing something where this number is important, you're probably
better off using another program whose focus is more in line with what you
are doing.

HTH,
Jason

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Marko Wehle <Marko.Wehle.mpikg.mpg.de>wrote:

> Hello AMBER users,
> additionally I have to mention, a similar problem exists for tleap reading
> mol2 files, it ignores the flags for bonds and makes a single bond out of a
> double bond for example.
>
> Cheers
> Marko

Quantum Theory Project,