Re: [AMBER] TIP5P water simulation

From: 강현아 <hakang.postech.ac.kr>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 00:32:59 +0900

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I am using ntc and ntf = 2 in equilibration and regular MD of rigid water model.
But, in energy minimization, I have used ntc and ntf = 1... because of the information in AMBER 11 manual.

According to the AMBER 11 manual (p. 32, ntc option),
"Since SHAKE is an algorithm based on dynamics, the minimizer is not aware of what SHAKE is doing;
for this reason, minimizations generally should be carried out without SHAKE.
One exception is short minimization whose purpose is remove bad contact before dynamics begin."

I just want to minimize the energy of TIP5P water periodic box.
For this, ntc and ntf = 2 is more reasonable?
Frankly, I am not sure... what is better.
I will try it first.
Thanks again.

Best regards,
Hyeona Kang