[AMBER] Softcore selection

From: Fabrício Bracht <bracht.iq.ufrj.br>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 01:19:24 -0300

Hello. While doing TI simulations, what should the softcore selection be.
What I mean is, will I get different results if I choose only the atoms
that are changing or if I choose the residues that contain the atoms that
are changing? I theory I would think that this should not matter, since
DV/DL is calculated for all the differences in both systems, and all atoms
that are the same contribute in nothing to DV/DL. Is that the correct way
to think, or am I missing something here?
Thank you
Fabrício