Re: [AMBER] pseudoatom

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:55:57 -0500

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM, Anne Kichler <a_kichler.ymail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I'm new member.
>
> How can I create a pseudo-atom?

AMBER has no notion of a pseudo-atom. In fact, I would argue that
`pseudo-atom' is not well-defined. What is it? What properties does it
have? The answer will naturally depend on what the person defining the
pseudo-atom wants to do with it.

Your only option, really, is to use a real atom and adjust its properties
(e.g., charge, lennard-jones parameters, etc.) to suit your needs (starting
with a monoatomic ion seems like a natural choice). This is an advanced
technique that will require careful thought and preparation, as well as a
superficial understanding of how sander/pmemd uses data in a topology file
to calculate the potential.

ParmEd can help modify the topology file if you decide to go this route,
but I would definitely suggest trying to re-design your experiment to avoid
having to use this construct in the first place.

Moreover, is there a pseudo-atom library?

No, for the reasons stated above.

Good luck,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida