Re: [AMBER] GTX Titan was finally released

From: Aron Broom <broomsday.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 15:12:49 -0500

Just as another note, I checked out the AMBER output from running on a
GTX570,

|------------------- GPU DEVICE INFO --------------------

| CUDA Capable Devices Detected: 1
| CUDA Device ID in use: 0
| CUDA Device Name: GeForce GTX 570
| CUDA Device Global Mem Size: 1279 MB
| CUDA Device Num Multiprocessors: 15
| CUDA Device Core Freq: 1.46 GHz

|--------------------------------------------------------

So in that case the Core Freq reported is indeed the correct one, even
though the GTX570 has two lower clock speeds it runs at depending on load
(810 MHz, and 101 MHz)

I know with the 500 series, the available nVidia tools for linux will least
allow you to set the device to maintain the highest clock speeds regardless
of load. I have NOT done that in the above case, but if such a thing is
possible for the 600 series, it might be worth looking at. Sadly the tool
is only easily usable if you have a display connected although if you
google "Axel Kohlmeyer" and go to his homepage there are some suggestions
on installing these tools on a typical server where you can fake a display.

~Aron

Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student
Department of Chemistry