Re: [AMBER] GTX Titan was finally released

From: filip fratev <filipfratev.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:28:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ross, Scott and all,

As you know I plan to purchase few GTX Titans:)
but I am not sure actually at what speed they will run: 836, 876 or 993 Mhz?
It seems that by default (80C target) the Titan
runs under Windows only on the maximal core speed (around 1Ghz) not the boost
one. It goes back to 836 only if the temperature rises above 80C but with 100%
fan speed this looks almost impossible. At least this is what I saw from the
reviews.

I was also horrified to see that many GTX680
(and other cards) users complain that under Linux their cards run at only about
700Mhz core speed instead of 1Ghz. What is your experience with GTX 680?
I was also wondering whether the GTX680 use the
boost clock during the Amber calculations or the just the base one?

Finally, what is the performance difference of
pmemdCuda under Linux and Cygwin?

All the best,
Filip