Re: [AMBER] ligand moving out of protein incorrect imaging of trajectory using image and center commands with amber 10

From: ET <sketchfoot.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:38:29 +0000

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I was worried that this might be the case. :(
When solvating the box, I used a closeness parameter of 0.4. This might
have altered the thermodynamic equilibrium so that it is no longer
favourable for the ligand to remain in the pocket and it thus exits the
binding pocket with the solvent (as the pocket is known to be sub-optimally
hydrated). I will hold the heavy atoms fixed during the equilibrium stage
to try and avoid this.

Thanks for looking into it for me. :)

Best regards,
ET