Re: [AMBER] simulation of a nucleic acid linked on a gold surface

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:06:47 +0100

Dear Florent,

> I am interested in the simulation of a nucleic acid linked on a gold
> surface. I read few papers about this sort of simulations with CHARMM
> or NAMD softwares, but I am wondering to know if someone had try (and
> had succeed) to do this sort of simulation with amber....

This likely means you will have to generate a molecular fragment (a
linker?) to connect your nucleic acid to your surface. You could use
R.E.D. Server to generate the force field library for the
corresponding molecular fragment.
You can also find in R.E.DD.B. different types of linker fragments...

regards, Francois