[AMBER] Hydrogens AMBER 1H6 and 2H6 vs. Glycam H61 and H62 for Glucose

From: Kepa K. Burusco <kekoburgo.yahoo.es>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:48:07 +0000 (GMT)

[11-II-2013]

Hi everybody,

I apologise for submiting the question to the general amber users list, but by doing this maybe I get a bigger audience between people working with carbohydrates.

I am planning to run some tests using the RESP set of charges for glucose anomers that were derived in the paper:

"Use of Locally Enhanced Sampling in Free Energy Calculations: Testing and Application to the alpha => beta Anomerization of Glucose"

J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1998, 120, 5771-5782.

The charges are available for alpha and beta anomers in Table 1, but only a few atom names are shown in Figure 1.

As can be seen, the charges for 1H6 and 2H6 (H61 and H62 in Glycam06h) are different but I cannot identify which is which in the 3D structure. This point was not important in Glycam06 because H61 and H62 have charge = 0.00 but it's not the case now and I would need to know to correctly assign the right charge to the right Hydrogen atom.

Can I assume that 1H6 and 2H6 names in the paper are in agreement to Glycam06 atom names H61 and H62?

Any help will be welcome.

Thank you very much.

Kepa K.