Re: [AMBER] simulation MD - basic questions

From: Jian Yin <janeyin600.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:29:11 -0800

Hello Anne,

Your questions seem to be very confusing. If you would like to study your
system in gas phase, you probably don't need a periodic box because that is
used for explicit solvent conditions. You cannot force your small molecule
to move towards the bigger one by keeping some of your atoms "at the
same coordinates", because that is not a correct way to study dynamics. My
suggestion is that you might need a better understanding and description of
your project, and then consider what the best way/tool is to achieve your
goals.

Best,

Jane