Re: [AMBER] ptraj RMSD- spikes in RMSD and co-ordinates at 0.000

From: Cassandra Churchill <churchil.ualberta.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:46:09 -0700

Hello Dr. Roe,

Thank you for your response, this has solved a lot of the confusion I was having about the results I was getting.

Frame 60521 with the pdb co-ordinates of 0.000 that I was referring to was taken from the original trajectory. As you said, it is likely corrupt. This is very likely since the mdcrd file was written in ASCII format. I should have written it as a netcdf trajectory (keyword ioutfm=1), and will do this in future runs. The Amber 12 manual also advises using iwrap=1 to keep the coordinate output from overflowing the trajectory files for long runs, and I will use this as well.

Thank you for sharing your cpptraj stripping and RMSD protocols. I tried this and it is much faster than what I was doing.

Cassandra