[AMBER] parmed.py error IndexError: list index out of range

From: Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 07:52:49 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

I am trying to strip ions, using parmed.py, from prmtop (having ions and water) and restart and create new out files as follows:

parmed.py a.prmtop <parm.in> parm.out

where parm.in is:
loadRestrt prod.rst
strip .Cl-
parmout del.prmtop del.inpcrd

But I get some error like this: "IndexError: list index out of range"

I just have 32 ions and also if I just remove waters (strip .WAT) it works fine. I tried in other manner also; first remove all waters then using water stripped prmtop I tried to remove ions even then I get same error.

please suggest if something I am missing.

regards,
Jiom