Re: [AMBER] Query about checking of convergence in REMD

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 07:32:35 -0500

you can do a few things:
- perform 2 runs, one starting from all replicas folded and 1 starting from
all replicas unfolded. All measures should match between the 2 runs.
anything that doesn't match is unreliable.
- do analysis on each replica (not each temperature) separately. Every
replica should have the same properties (rmsd histograms, fraction folded,
fraction of time at each temperature, and so on). If they don't, it's not
converged.

remember that "converged" is a bit vague since different properties
converge at different rates. Potential energy converges quickly, while
structure sampling does not. Every thing you measure needs error bars. Then
you know the precision, which is much more quantitative than a binary idea
of "converged" or not.