Re: [AMBER] espgen cannot deal with Gaussian 09 log file

From: Sören Wacker <swacker.gwdg.de>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:32:16 +0100

In my case I already used

#HF/6-31G* SCF=tight Test Pop=MK iop(6/33=2) iop(6/42=6) opt iop(6/50=1)

as input for G09. Still it does not work with ambertools12 but with
ambertools11.

antechamber -i ligand.out -fi gout -o ligand-resp.mol2 -fo mol2 -c resp
-nc 0 -at gaff -rn MOL
espgen cannot deal with Gaussian 09 log file, please generate Gaussian
09 ESP file using iop(6/50=1) and rerun espgen
Error: cannot run "/home/swacker/Programme/amber12/bin/espgen -o
ANTECHAMBER.ESP -i ligand.out" in resp() of charge.c properly, exit

Is there anything wrong with the input?

best Sören

On 02/05/13 06:42, HIMANSHU JOSHI wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> It works for me.
>

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Sören Wacker <swacker.gwdg.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had the same issue and posted a message some days ago.
>> I used an input file that worked correctly with the previous
>> espgen/antechamber version from the Ambertools11.
>> With the Ambertools12 the error message as shown below appears.
>>
>> best
>> Sören
>>

>> On 02/04/13 12:59, Tomasz Borowski wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I had a similar problem with G09 rev A.02.
>>>
>>> The iop(6/50=1) works for G09 rev C.01, i.e. you get
>>> a *gesp file with the data for antechamber.
>>>
>>> hope it helps,
>>> Tomasz

>> resp

>> 09
>> ANTECHAMBER.ESP -i

>> working.

>> that

>> --
>> Sören Wacker
>> Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
>> Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Department, 105 00
>> Computational Biomolecular Dynamics Group, 105 10
>> Am Fassberg 11
>> 37077 Goettingen, Germany
>> Tel.: ++49 551 201 2313
>> Fax: ++49 551 201 2302