Re: [AMBER] active site rmsd (residue 5A around bound ligand) ???

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:37:15 -0700

Hi,

If you give ptraj or cpptraj a reference structure you can do
distance-based mask parsing based on that reference structure, e.g.:

reference initial
trajin traj
rms first reference out rmsd.dat :LIG<:5.0

Will get the RMSD of all residues within 5.0 angstroms of residue LIG
based on the structure in 'initial'. See the manual for more details
on distance-based mask parsing.

-Dan

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 6:40 AM, HM <scienceamber.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am interested in calculating the rmsd of the active site region i.e. 5 A
> around bound ligand. But as the number of those residues changes from
> trajectories to trajectories, I am not sure how to tell ptraj or cpptraj to
> calculate rmsd for active site region.

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
University of Utah