Re: [AMBER] scaling problem in RADIAL of CPPTRAJ

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:00:24 +0100

Hi Daniel,

the problem is evidently in our different interpretation of command

radial WAT_gCEN.RDF 0.2 30.0 :CEN :WAT noimage center1

YOUR INTERPRETATION IS:
#2 is "What is the probability I see the geometric center of
> all atoms in all residues named CEN a certain distance from atoms in
> residues named WAT?".

MY INTERPRETATION IS:
#2 is related to the probability I see the WAT atoms in a certain distance
"r"
form the geometric center of all atoms in CEN residuum/es.

In another words, as I already wrote, in my opinion (and also according to
the AT12 manual page 189) Command #2 should calculate RDF of all WAT atoms
with respect to the geometric center of all atoms in CEN residuum/es.

AT12 CITATION IS:
***************************
"If the center1 keyword is given, the RDF of all atoms in <mask2> to the
geometric center of atoms in <mask1> is calculated."
**************************

So my interpretation is based on definition in AT12 manual. What is the
base of your interpretation ?

If the above command is really not! in agreement with my! interpretation,
could you please
simply write the proper command which is! in agreement with my!
interpretation.

   Thanks a lot in advance !

        Best wishes,

                 Marek