Re: [AMBER] scaling problem in RADIAL of CPPTRAJ

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 17:51:35 +0100

Hi Daniel,

I absolutely agree with you, that commands

radial out R1.agr .1 :WAT.O
radial out R1.agr :WAT.O .1

will provide different results and of course I also
agree with your explanation why.

But this obvious fact was not the topic of my original contribution.
So I will repeat the original problem again more in detail and let's please
discuss just this problem.

So I have these two commands:

radial WAT_CEN.RDF 0.2 30.0 :WAT :CEN noimage

radial WAT_gCEN.RDF 0.2 30.0 :CEN :WAT noimage center1

According to the AT12 manual (page 189):

Command #1 should calculate RDF of all WAT atoms with respect to the atoms
in CEN residum/es.

AT12 CITATION:
****************************
"Calculate the radial distribution function (RDF, aka pair correlation
function) of atoms in <mask1> to atoms in <mask2> ..."
****************************

Am I right here ? If not why ?

Command #2 should calculate RDF of all WAT atoms with respect to the
geometric center of all
atoms in CEN residuum/es.

AT12 CITATION:
***************************
"If the center1 keyword is given, the RDF of all atoms in <mask2> to the
geometric center of atoms in <mask1> is calculated."
**************************

Am I right here ? If not why ?

If I am right in both above points, I would also assume that if the CEN
residuum is composed
just of one! single atom and moreover if I have only one! CEN residuum in
my system, the command
#1 should provide identical result as command #2 (i.e.
WAT_gCEN.RDF=WAT_CEN.RDF), simply because in both cases I am doing RDF of
WAT atoms with respect to the very same one point in the space.

If you don't agree please explain why.

But unfortunately at least in my case the commands #1 and #2 do not
provide the identical results.
The results differ here by multiplicative constant "k!=1" so that
WAT_gCEN.RDF=k*WAT_CEN.RDF,
moreover this constant is different for different components of my system
(WAT, Na+, etc.)

Can you explain this behavior ?

   Thanks in advance for your final comments,

          Best wishes,

                Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/