[AMBER] scaling problem in RADIAL of CPPTRAJ

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 00:47:13 +0100

Dear all,

there is probably some "scaling problem" in "radial" function/action of
the cpptraj.

Let's suppose that I have residuum CEN which is composed of one atom only.
If I understood well the description of the "radial" function ( page 189
of the AT manual ),
these two commands

radial WAT_CEN.RDF 0.2 30.0 :WAT :CEN
noimage
radial WAT_gCEN.RDF 0.2 30.0 :CEN :WAT
noimage center1

should provide identical results (i.e. WAT_CEN.RDF=WAT_gCEN.RDF ), instead
I found that

WAT_CEN.RDF = 19902.06294 * WAT_gCEN.RDF

Similarly these two commands

radial Cl_CEN.RDF 0.2 30.0 :Cl- :CEN
noimage
radial Cl_gCEN.RDF 0.2 30.0 :CEN :Cl-
noimage center1

should also provide identical results, instead I found that

Cl_CEN.RDF = 1.992481203 * Cl_gCEN.RDF

So i) the pairs of functions which should be identical differ by some
multiplicative constant and ii) moreover this multiplicative constant is
different for different cases (e.g. 19902.06294 in WAT case, 1.992481203
in case of Cl- ...).

I am using Amber12/AT12 with all patches up to now.

Thanks in advance for the explanation.

    Best wishes,

         Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/