Re: [AMBER] Fwd: FF99CHI and Modified nucleoside parameter combination

From: Indrajit Deb <biky2004indra.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 02:02:21 +0530

Hello Dr. Yildirim,

I am very sorry to send you the same mail that I have mailed to forum
already. It was a great help to me. many many thanks to you. I gone through
your paper as well Santa Lucia paper and your comments. Now the whole thing
is very much clear to me.

Important issues are:

1. according to you, I changed the atomtype CM for C6 to C4 and checked
with rdparm command.I found that the chi parameters are applying. but the
problem is that there are to atoms C6 and C5, both have atom type CM. Then
what I did is that I have also changed the atom type CM to C4 for other
bonds, angles and torsions parameters corresponding to atom name C6 only
leaving the two torsion parameter for chi (O4'-C1'-N1-C6 AND C2'-C1'-N1-C6
ACCORDING TO YOUR PARM99CHI PAPER) and also leaving the atom name C5 as it
is. Now what happened is that the resulting prmtop file is taking only the
chi parameters for your frcmod.parmCHI file and all other parameters from
2SU.frcmod file. As I found from SantaLucia paper they have optimized (by
QM) the whole modified residue and as result of that all the parameter for
2SU is different from U in normal parm99.dat file.

2. If I only change the atomtype CM to C4 for atomname C6 in the 2SU.prepin
file, tleap ask for two torsions (C6-N1-C2-N3 AND C6-N1-C2-S2) and one
angle parameter (C6-N1-C2) which I have to provide from 2SU.frcmod file.
But chi parameter is taking from your frcmod.parmCHI file and all other
from parm99.dat file. It is like mixing up all the parameters and may be
logical.

3. I found that that without the revised chi parameter the normal
nucleosides (with parm99.dat) as well as the modified nucleosodes (with
Santa Lucia parameters) are not reproducing the experimental conformational
distribution. You found that revised chi parameter is reproducing the
experimental observations. So my logic is that to combine only the revised
chi parameters of yours with the modified nucleoside parameters (developed
by Santa Lucia group). If my logic is correct then issue-1 is more suitable
than issue-2. What is your suggestion ???

Please suggest

Thanks

Sincerely,

--indrajit

Indrajit Deb
Kolkata, India.
Mob: +919239202278

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Ilyas Yildirim <i-yildirim.northwestern.edu