Re: [AMBER] sander.MPI

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:44:39 -0500

On Dec 17, 2012, at 1:38 AM, Fabian Glaser <fglaser.technion.ac.il> wrote:

> Thanks Jason,
>
> I'll ask the system people.
>
> Another issue, I am thinking about buying my all small cluster to run amber, if so could somebody give me a general configuration or point the important issues that may save lots of time (and maybe money) on buying such a cluster?
>
> I have about 5,000$, so it's not much but still....

With this amount of $$, you would be much better off building a single machine with a few gaming video cards in it (nvidia cards) in my opinion.

In this case, there is limited need to set up a queuing system on it--just run interactively.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate