Re: [AMBER] Building peptides in a random conformation in AMBER....

From: Ilyas Yildirim <i-yildirim.northwestern.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:10:03 -0600 (CST)

Just a suggestion - simulated annealing can be a good procedure to create
random conformations. I assume you want random conformations for folded
state for a protein. Extend the two ends (using distance restraints) and
do simulated annealing. Do this procedure as many times as you want;
extend and let the system fold to a state. At the end, you can cluster the
structures and use the unique ones.

Best,

   Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
   = Department of Chemistry - 2145 Sheridan Road =
   = Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 60208 =
   = Ryan Hall #4035 (Nano Building) - Ph.: (847)467-4986 =
   = http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~yildirim/ =