Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py.MPI: multiple trajectory mmPBSA question

From: Aron Broom <broomsday.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:24:02 -0500

On the ligand, the RMSD that needs to converge is based on the internal
coordinates, not the translation/rotation of the whole molecule, so you
should align the ligand first when doing that kind of analysis. I think
those translations/rotations need to be taken out for the purpose of the
entropy calculation, but not for other things.

I have nothing else of value to offer sadly. but I do recall the manual
being pretty specific about the coordinates and such that it wants, and I
thought for this kind of calculation, it wants the whole complex with water
for the *.prmtop parameter file, and water-stripped coordinate trajectories
for the receptor, ligand, and complex?

~Aron

Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student