Re: [AMBER] For TI do corresponding same atoms in ligand pairs need to have the same charge

From: Yulin Huang <yulinhuang2007.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 12:51:48 -0500

  Dear Amber community,
           Thanks for all your previous help. I want to restate my problem
more clearly.
 For states V0 and V1 unperturbed atoms (in other words, the same atoms
with the same coordinates), do they need to have exactly the same charges?
It seems that for V0 ->V1, V1 may copy the charges from V0 and for V1->V0,
V0 may copy the charges from V1. This may lead to the wrong Hamiltonian.
          I guess I need to make the unperturbed atoms have exactly the
same charges. The way to do this is to change the charges of the perturbed
atoms to make the formal charges the same.
         Could anyone give me some comments over this issue? Many thanks
in advance.

Yulin