Re: [AMBER] pbsa forces printout from sander (amber12)

From: Dr. Holger Kruse <kruse.ceitec.muni.cz>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:07:27 +0100

Hi Qin,

my main problem was that the opimization sometimes would cycle between
maximization and minimization (chaotic behavior)
As it turns out, it was a problem with the maximal step size restriction.
PB seems to be more sensitive to too large steps than GB.

I calculated the gradient of PB numerically and compared it with the
forcedump.dat gradient, and they are indeed identical.
So the problem was all on my side.

Cheers,
Holger