Re: [AMBER] Fatal Error: File 'netcdf.mod' opened at (1) is not a GFORTRAN module file

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 14:00:07 -0500

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Mark Williamson <mjw.mjw.name> wrote:

> On 05/12/12 11:52, Thomas Evangelidis wrote:
>
> > Do you know what this error means and how can be solved? I use Fedora 17
> > 64bit with gcc and gfortran 4.7.2.
>

> You probably have a stale f90 module file (.mod) hanging around from a
> previous compile attempt with a different compiler.
>
> > ./configure -cuda gnu
> > make install
>
> Try a 'make clean' before the 'make install'.

FWIW, configure automatically invokes a "make clean" in Amber 12. I don't
think the $AMBERHOME/include directory is purged, though.

My suggestion is to use "make clean uninstall" (which gets rid of binaries,
libraries, and will also clean) and try again with a *single* set of
(compatible) compilers.

Good luck,
Jason

> Regards,