[AMBER] Questions regarding mmpbsa...

From: Jonathan Gough <jonathan.d.gough.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 15:29:15 -0500

I apologize in advance if this is rudimentary...

I'm looking a protein-peptide binding interaction 87 residues - and 19
residues (complex 106).

Using the well written tutorials and literature I believe i followed the
steps correctly. (minimization, heating, acquiring an equilibrium state)
Then I did the "production" run (10 - 5ns simulations, snapshots every 5
picoseconds) I believe that I now have 50ns of simulation with 5000 frames.

Questions:
1: - are 5000 frames too many?
2: - a sodium atom was added (via addionsrand) to neutralize the system.
 Would I be correct in assuming that I don't need to worry about that?
 (it's not in the receptor or ligand file, only the solvated file)

Thanks,
Jonathan