Re: [AMBER] is there a difference between the GTX 680 GPU's

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 03:16:47 +0100

Hi Ross,

thanks for your comments !

Yes I am aware of the fact that it is a bit factory OC version
and I understand your arguments.

But "factory OC" card is usually something more than just simply
overclocked
standard card version.

Among of others small improvements they have usually improved
  the cooling system and so they are also often slightly bigger than
reference version.
This improvement may at least partially compensate OC heating effect I
think.

Regarding "EVGA GeForce GTX680 Classified" here are some relevant
information:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6096/evga-geforce-gtx-680-classified-review/2

for the moment here is just small relevant sentence:

Along with giving EVGA additional space on their board for power
circuitry, the larger card also lets them use a larger cooler, which is
necessary for the higher power levels the GTX 680 Classified is intended
to operate at.

if I moreover add it to well cooled box like : "Cooler Master Dominator CM
690 II Advanced",
also in conditioned room where is maintained permanent temperature around
18C it
should be OK regarding cooling issue I think.

Moreover as I read GTX 680 has cca 50W less TDP than GTX 580.

BTW, I had the same "dilemma" last year about this time when the top of
the 3 GB GTX 580s was
"MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition ( 3GB, PCI-E )." also factory OC
versions.

At the end I bought them put them 3 pieces per work-station and after
year of calculations
I am still fully satisfied.

Anyway If I finally decide and also succeed to buy "EVGA GeForce GTX680
Classified"
until the end of the year (as I learned for this type we have actually a
bit longer
delivery time (few weeks :(( )) for sure I will share here my first
experiences (tests results).

    Best wishes,

        Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/