Re: [AMBER] ptraj grid by center of mass

From: Daniel Álvarez García <algarcia.daniel.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:03:08 +0100

Indeed the center of mass calculation (of the whole masked atoms) is really
easy to implement just adding a few lines there. Nevertheless, my interest
is slightly different.I'm trying to figure out how to modify the code so
the mask could include different residues, and then, the center of mass
should be per residue (e.g. my system is solvated in a mixture of water and
ethanol and would like to obtain a density grid for each ethanol residue's
center of mass).
I guess state->residues should here play some role but I'm not sure how to
proceed as I don't know the structure of the program or variables, or if
there are some functions already implemented to make this task easier? Is
there some other function which implements a similar routine?

Thanks again Dan!