[AMBER] What nonbonded interactions cutoff to use in amber.

From: Itamar Kass <itamar.kass.monash.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:57:38 +1100

Hi,

I am a newbie in amber after few years of using GROMACS. In the GROMOS force-field, nonbonded interactions are treated using a twin-range cut-off scheme: interactions within the 0.8 nm are calculated every step whereas interactions within 1.4 nm are update every 10ps. This is true for both VDW and electrostatic interactions, when Reaction-Filed is being used.

I have search the literature to see what is being used with amber, and found variations between 0.8 (cut = 8) to 1.4 nm for the cut-off.

Assuming I am simulating a proteins/water system using ff12 and PME (for the electrostatic calculations), what should be the parameters, and how I define them.

Also, it will be great if someone now a guide or a tutorial specifically written for GROMACS users moving to amber. Or maybe a 'translation' of the flags used in GROMACS to amber.

All the best,
Itamar