Re: [AMBER] INTER-molecular RDF only ?

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:13:53 +0100

Hi Mohd,

let's suppose that I have some molecules which are composed of residues,

STP,REP,ENP (in my case linear chain).

If I use common RDF command like:

radial Ch.RDF 0.1 50.0 :ENP,REP,STP :ENP,REP,STP noimage

I obtain the RDF where the intra-molecular distances distribution is
mixed with that inter-molecular but I would like to obtain only
inter-molecular part which contain just the information about the
distances between atoms from different molecules.

Finally I got the idea how to obtain it, simply to do also the same
analysis but just
with one molecule to obtain intra-RDF part like

radial Ch1.RDF 0.1 50.0 :1-5 :1-5 noimage

(if one of that molecules is composed of residues 1-5)

Of course using the same or longer part of trajectory used for the global
RDF (to analyze enough
of molecule conformations) and perhaps to do it also for several isolated
molecules not only for one, than to do RDF average which would represent
good estimate of intra-molecular part, this might be then substracted from
the above global RDF and I should have estimate of the inter-molecular RDF
part only.

But would be more comfortable to have some flag like INTER and if you use
it like here:

radial Ch.RDF 0.1 50.0 :ENP,REP,STP :ENP,REP,STP noimage INTER

it calculates only inter-molecular RDF, or the global one, inter-molecular
and intra-molecular
all together.

Can you please more in detail describe your solution ?

   Thanks in advance !

       Best wishes,

               Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/