Re: [AMBER] questions about Accelerated MD

From: Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 23:47:22 +0200

Hi Romelia,

In explicit solvent the helices of the dimeric helical bundle do not move
that much. In solution the helices at on one end of the bundle are
disordered but I 'm not seeing anything happening to them in my simulation.
I started from full helical structure, did 30 ns cMD and 4 ns aMD with the
following parameters:

Ed=Ed_average+4*ResNum
aD=4*ResNum*0.2

Ep=Ep_average+0.16*AtomNum
aP=0.16*AtomNum

In the manual is says that for a higher acceleration it is common to add to
Ed multiples of aD. What about the Ep and aP? Should these remain
unchanged? Could you please suggest possible changes to increase the boost?

thanks,
Thomas