Re: [AMBER] questions about Accelerated MD

From: Romelia Salomon <romelia.caltech.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:20:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi Thomas

Try using these parameters:
Ed=Ed_average+3.5*ResNum (smaller per residue boost which will be a
smaller Ed and less agressive)
aD=3.5*ResNum*0.25 (larger scale factor which will be a larger alpha
which will be LESS agressive)

Ep=Ep_average+0.16*AtomNum (this is probably okay)
aP=0.16*AtomNum (this is okay)

What FF is you are using and how many residues is one of the monomers? In
a collaboration we have some runs with HIVPR (which is a dimer) with
ff99SB and using the above suggested parameters and we have not seen a
separation of the dimer. You should see more movement in your structure
and that the secondary structures are change a bit, but they should not
unfold in an unexpected way (I am working on a protein that undergoes a
large transition and part of it involves the unfolding of an alpha helix).
Is it an explicit solvent or GB?

Maybe it is in the way the system is being initialized.

Best,
Romelia