Re: [AMBER] questions about Accelerated MD

From: Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:48:51 +0200

Dear Romelia and other AMBER users/developers,

Thanks for the clarification. I have tried the rule of thump to select E
and alpha values, which is described both in the recent paper you cited and
the manual. Namely, to decide the dihedral boost parameters (Ed, aD) and
the potential boost parameters (Ep, aP) I did:

Ed=Ed_average+4*ResNum
aD=4*ResNum*0.2
Ep=Ep_average+0.16*AtomNum
aP=0.16*AtomNum

However, these parameter values lead to the unfolding of my protein dimer.
I have also tried setting aD=4*ResNum*0.4 but I still observe the same
effect.
How would you recommend making the boost smoother? By increasing just the
alpha values? Do I need to increase both of them?

thanks in advance,
Thomas