Re: [AMBER] WARNING: a parameter is 0.0 for atom

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:19:46 -0300

Hi Jacopo,

Look at the file at:
$AMBERHOME/dat/slko/DISPERSION.INP_ONCHSP

There's a line for each atom. In the case of hydrogen,
H 0.386 0.386 0.000 0.000 3.5 3.5 3.5 3.5 0.8

The first 4 columns are parameters for when the atom is coordinated to 1,2,3 or 4 atoms. Which one is to be used is decided by counting the number of neighbours within a certain radius.

It appears that, at some point, it is counting 3 neighbours for the hydrogen within the radius, then it gets the zero.

One hack is to modify the third parameter, maybe to 0.386 as the 2 first ones. Of course, that is hoping it won't happen often…

HTH,
Gustavo Seabra