[AMBER] imaging namd-generated dcd trajectories with cpptraj

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:00:47 +0100

Dear AMBER users,

I generated trajectories with namd using a leap-generated topology with
a truncated octahedron box. I used the "wrap" command in namd.
Now I am trying to image these trajectories using cpptraj (AMBER 12). A
while ago I described a solution for this problem for ptraj (see thread
below). However this does not work in cpptraj ... The same commands
described in this thread give me either a "segmentation fault" or errors
such as "convergence failed" during imaging. It is also not exactly a
correct solution as the box changes during the simulations, so therefore
fixing it to a certain value is actually incorrect.

Here is the thread I mentioned:
http://archive.ambermd.org/200908/0157.html

Obviously the problem is that neither ptraj nor cpptraj are able to
properly read the box information from the DCD trajectories. I would
like to ask if anybody has any idea or interest to get cpptraj to
correctly process the DCD trajectories.

Best wishes
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine