Re: [AMBER] NAMD failed to read Amber parm file

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 14:19:55 -0500

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Sneha Menon <sneha.menon15.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I encountered a problem while trying to run NAMD 2.8 using Amber
> forcefield. I created the prmtop and inpcrd files using AmberTools 1.2 and

Did you use AmberTools 1.2 or AmberTools 12? Version 1.2 came out with
Amber 10 ~4 years ago. Version 12 came out last April.

Also, I would suggest contacting the NAMD mailing list as well, since they
will be more experienced debugging NAMD issues (their prmtop parser has
been rather fragile with respect to new sections that have been added).

Good luck,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate