Re: [AMBER] Clarifications in umbrella sampling

From: Sajeewa Pemasinghe <sajeewasp.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 02:28:03 -0500

Thank you very much Aron. Your information cleared many of my doubts. What
I was specifically asking in the second part of my question was "from where
to where is r1 measured?" AND "from where to where is r4 measured?"

What I understand now is that "r1,r2,r3 and r4 all refer to the distance
between the two atoms specified by iat=atom1,atom2. As long as the distance
is between r2 and r3 (usually r2=r3 i.e harmonic) there is no restraint. As
long as the distance between the two atoms is R such that (R<r2) AND
(R>r1) a harmonic potential given by U=0.5*(rk2)*(R-r2)^2
will be applied and if (R>r3) AND (R<r4) a harmonic potential given
by U=0.5*(rk3)*(R-r3)^2 will be applied. If (R<r1) OR (R>r4) the potential
applied will be linear or constant(flat) and NOT harmonic.

I think I got it correct this time right?

Thank you

Sajeewa Dewage