[AMBER] Problem related to the RMSD

From: Sindrila Dutta banik <sindrila.duttabanik.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 13:29:39 +0800 (SGT)

I use ptraj to compute the RMSD. The corresponding script file is as follows:
 trajin MD16a.mdcrd
trajin MD16b.mdcrd
trajin MD17.mdcrd
trajin MD18.mdcrd
trajin MD19.mdcrd
trajin MD20.mdcrd
trajin MD21.mdcrd
trajin MD22.mdcrd
trajin MD23.mdcrd
trajin MD24.mdcrd
trajin MD25.mdcrd
trajin MD26.mdcrd
trajin MD27.mdcrd
trajin MD28.mdcrd
trajin MD29.mdcrd
trajin MD30.mdcrd
trajin MD31.mdcrd
trajin MD32.mdcrd
trajin MD33.mdcrd
trajin MD34.mdcrd
rms first out Backbone-A.dat :1-396.CA,N,C time 0.1
rms first out Backbone-B.dat :398-793.CA,N,C time 0.1
rms first out All-A.dat :1-396 time 0.1
rms first out All-B.dat :398-793 time 0.1
rms first out Heavyatom-A.dat :1-396&(!.H=) time 0.1
rms first out Heavyatom-B.dat :398-793&(!.H=) time 0.1
rms first out Protein_Substrate.dat :1-794 time 0.1
rms first out Backbone.dat :1-396,398-793.CA,N,C time 0.1
rms first out All.dat :1-396,398-793 time 0.1
rms first out Heavyatom.dat :1-396,398-793&(!.H=) time 0.1

I try to load the trajectory file in vmd, but as I am going to load it stop working might be due to large file size.

I also generated pdb file from each restrt file and overlay all of them using vmd. And the RMSD is less than 2 as computed by vmd.

Now where is the problem, I my trajectory or the process I use to compute the trajectory. How can I solve this problem. Please help me

Sindrila