Re: [AMBER] solvation free enrgy calculation using PB equation.

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 10:31:24 -0700

Your understanding is generally correct. If there is no salt, i.e.
istrng = 0, only the Poisson's equation is used to solve for
electrostatic solvation energy. If there is salt, i.e. istrng != 0,
the Poisson-Boltzmann's equation is used to solve for electrostatic
solvation energy, which automatically considers the influence of salt
on the electrostatic interactions.

You don't have to do any additional calculations when salt is present.

Ray