Re: [AMBER] questions about thermodynamic integration atom name and order

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 04:35:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Joyce,

in case the ligand files come from some third party software that does
completely mix up the atom order (e.g. because an additional group changes
the numbering order in a ring), there is probably really no way around
rebuilding them by hand.

When ligands are fairly similar it may help to draw their common core in
xleap, save that fragment and then build each ligand from the fragment and
saving it as mol2. I think the common atom order will be the same in that
case.

Take care, when you run such a ligand through antechamber, e.g. for
charges, it may reorder the atoms again. Some hand manipulation/checking
is certainly involved in this, I think there is no reliable automated way
yet. This may change in Amber13, though...

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the