Re: [AMBER] files for RED

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:34:49 +0200

Urszula,

> The RED runs are finished, for the sarin the calculations are
> complete I guess, attached is obtained conformation
> Mol_m1-o1-sm_sarin.mol2?.

Seems ok to me; see the attached image...

And using LEaP I get:

Welcome to LEaP!
(no leaprc in search path)
> X = loadmol2 Mol_m1-o1-sm_sarin.mol2
Reading MOLECULE named MOL
> charge X
Total unperturbed charge: -0.000000
Total perturbed charge: -0.000000

> However for the cyklosarin an error occurred, attached is log and
> p2n files for the cyklosarin.
> At the end of the cyklosarin file JOB1-gau_m1-1.com is:
> Sum of Mulliken charges with hydrogens summed into heavy atoms = 0.00000
> Error termination request processed by link 9999.
> Error termination via Lnk1e in /usr/local/g09-userred/l9999.exe at
> Wed Oct 24 19:34:57 2012.
> Job cpu time: 1 days 8 hours 5 minutes 14.2 seconds.
>
> Do you know, what did go wrong? how can I avoid this error?

The R.E.D. log reports:

  Geometry optimization(s) is/are being computed for molecule 1 ... [ FAILED ]
        See the file(s) "JOB1-gau_m1-1.out"

        Geometry optimization convergence problem
        Re-run the job using the best geometry obtained

I think the structure did not converge in the Gaussian geometry
optimization; you have to select the best (or the last) "Standard
orientation" from the Gaussian log file; and copy the corresponding
Cartesian coordinates in the P2N file and re-run R.E.D.; the format of
the X, Y and Z columns in the P2N file does have to be strictly that
of the PDB file format; thus you can do a crude copy/cut of these
cart. coordinates taken from the Gaussian log into the P2N file...

regards, Francois