Re: [AMBER] Pairwise decoposition (MMPBSA)

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:19:51 -0400

This question has been answered previously on the Amber list. See for
example, the end of this post: http://archive.ambermd.org/201109/0723.html.
Basically, although the results are printed by residue, the interactions
are actually calculated on a by-atom basis. So a residue interacts with
itself in so much as the atoms inside that residue interact with each other.

I hope that helps.

-Bill

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Xioling Chuang <xioling_c.hotmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
> I have calculated a pairwise decoposition using MMPBSA for DNA 10-mer
> duplex. The result showed the interaction, for example, of residue#1 with
> another 19 residues as well as with residue#1 itself. Could anyone tell me
> why the MMPBSA calculates the pairwise interaction with itself?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your kindness.
>
> Best,
> Xioling

Bill Miller III
Quantum Theory Project,