Re: [AMBER] the origin of ELEC DV/DL in the case of softcoreTIcalculation of the solute with no charge by crgmask

From: <hironori.kokubo.takeda.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:11:49 +0900

Thank you very much.
You were right. The nonzero elec DV/DL was due to the difference of the
box size of V0 and V1. The difference was 0.001 A. This 0.001 A difference
of box size produced 0.2 or 0.5 kcal/mol elec DV/DL.

As you pointed out, amber currently does not check the differences of box size,
while the coordinates are checked.

I expected that the final solvation free energy values change by this modification,
but I did obtain almost the same values within the precision ( < 0.1 kcal/mol difference).
The sum of elec DV/DL and vdW DV/DL by 0.001 A different box size simulations
became almost the same vdW DV/DL by the modified simulations of the exactly same box size.

Thank you very much again.
Hironori Kokubo