Re: [AMBER] How Can I modify a amino acid in Amber?

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:42:41 +0200

Dear Sajeewa Pemasinghe,

the prep, off and mol2 file formats have the same role: they are used
to handle FF libraries. prep is the old format designed with the
'plep' program; off was introduced with LEaP; then came the mol2 file
format. We will use soon the mol3 file format in R.E.D.
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol2.php
     http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php

Nowadays R.E.D. generates only mol2 files and no prep file:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#1
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#1

When one wants to create a FF library for a new amino-acid; one often
need the corresponding fragment obtained from a dipeptide:
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#15
Other fragments (terminal ones) can also be designed:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#16
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#17

The different fragments can be generated in a single step by now:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#24
  vs
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#25

regards, Francois