Re: [AMBER] idecomp and so on....

From: André C. Stiel <andre.stiel.tuebingen.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:35:56 +0200

Thanks Jason for the swift reply and obviously for parmed.py...
I done as told, and it kind of works out... I still have one problem, very high vdw and internal energies.
Let me sum up (for the benefit of others) what I did:

I have a trajectory done with explicit solvent, and now I want to extract single residue energies from
the trajectory. This doesn´t seem to work with the explicit solvent since I have to use GB.

So, thanks to Jason, I went this way of preparing my files:
        1. create a water and ion stripped .mdcrd and .inpcrd with ptraj
        2. create a equally stripped .prmtop using parmed.py (only in AmberTools 12 I figured out ;-)

This works out fine. Now I do the energy calculation using:

#decompose energy on a per-residue basis on the trajectory
 &cntrl
      imin = 5, igb = 5, gbsa = 2,
      ntx = 1, maxcyc = 1,
      ntc = 1, ntf = 3,
      ntb = 0, ntp = 0,
      ntwe = 0, ntpr = 500, ntwx=1,
      cut = 1000.0, idecomp = 1,
 /
Residues to print
RES 1 227
END
END

What I get is the following. The first frame minimization values look all reasonable:

    resid |internal |vdw |eel |pol |sas
TDC 1 97.818 -4.235 -250.591 72.307 180.515
TDC 2 71.769 -4.982 -64.649 -3.288 4.889
TDC 3 88.488 -7.834 -50.514 -91.865 60.060
TDC 4 91.894 -5.629 -45.914 -97.714 113.038
TDC 5 61.024 -6.938 -62.792 -4.081 70.127

But in the second frame and following, the internal and vdw jump up to unreasonable high values (the original trajectory itself was stable):

    resid |internal |vdw |eel |pol |sas
TDC 1 1619.028 1018.080 -82.695 9.640 292.780
TDC 2 1809.027 46.723 -47.603 -2.444 10.724
TDC 3 57146.677 5799.336 21.396 -87.840 36.338
TDC 4 26555.148 ********* 254.986 -146.093 96.970
TDC 5 ********* 44964.405 -18.199 -22.389 83.803

I tried around a little bit with the different igb types (i come to understand for 5 i would have to change PBradii), gbsa and the
cut/rgbmax values.... to no avail, I always get this hight numbers. Might it be the problem that my original calculation used ntb=2/ntp=1?
Or are there other strange things at work here?

Does somebody have suggestions?
Thanks!
André