Re: [AMBER] Asterisks in the restart file

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:44:25 +0200

Hi Cao,

This can happen quite often and is normally due to waters diffusing over a
long trajectory. It happens a lot when running Langevin dynamics. The
solution is to go back to the last good restart file that you have. Set
iwrap=1 in the &cntrl name list and run from there. This will
automatically image atoms back into the central box and will thus avoid
the *'s in the restart file.

All the best
Ross