Re: [AMBER] Centering a multimeric protein with solvateOct

From: Jonathan Sheehan <jonathan.sheehan.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 14:24:29 -0500

Hi all,

Just to follow up on my question about solvateOct from last week
(appended below)-

I wasn't able to find an answer in the archive, and my testing with
LEaP never gave me a truncated octahedral box that had 11 Angstroms of
water around the protein on all sides (even off-center). Because I'm
troubleshooting some instability in this simulation, I decided to play
it safe, and I was able to work around this issue by using solvateBox
instead of solvateOct.

I think this might be a "corner-case" bug in LEaP, which only shows up
when using a large multimeric system. But just in case I received no
replies because the answer is too obvious, or I left out key
information, or didn't pose my question well, I invite anyone to smack
me with the clue-bat at this point. :-)

Thanks,
-Jonathan