[AMBER] TI with shake

From: Abhishek Mukhopadhyay <abmukho.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 17:37:28 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to perform TI on a molecule comprised of same type of atoms. I
have set every atom type to H1 and I call an external .frcmod file where I
specify the parameters mass, bond constants, angle dihedral etc. I bond the
nearest neighbor (1-2) type bonds. My molecule is such that each atom is
connected to exactly two other atoms in the molecule. Then I solvate the
molecule in a TIP3P box. I set ntf=ntc=2 and perform the TI. As I specify
the atom type to H1 I was expecting that the bond length doesn't change in
these rings, but that's not the case. Is there a way to use shake to
perform TI to compute the hydration free energy?

Thanks,
Abhishek
Here is my frcmod file:
MASS
H1 12.01

BOND
H1-H1 478.4 1.4

ANGLE
H1-H1-H1 67.200 60.00

DIHE
X -H1-H1-X 1 14.500 0.000 1.000

NONBON
H1 1.3870 0.0157

Here is the leap file use to generate the topology and coordinate file:
source /home/shared_utilities/amber11/dat/leap/cmd/leaprc.ff99SB

loadamberparams blabla.frcmod

mol = loadpdb whatever.pdb

set mol.1.CC1 type H1
set mol.1.CC2 type H1
set mol.1.CC3 type H1

set mol.1.CC1 charge 0.800
set mol.1.CC2 charge -0.400
set mol.1.CC3 charge -0.400

bond mol.1.CC1 mol.1.CC2
bond mol.1.CC2 mol.1.CC3
bond mol.1.CC3 mol.1.CC1

solvatebox mol TIP3PBOX 12.0
saveamberparm mol mol_wat0.prmtop mol_wat0.inpcrd
saveamberparm mol mol_wat1.prmtop mol_wat1.inpcrd
savepdb mol tip3pbox.pdb
quit

Here is a sample production input file:
 &cntrl
  imin = 0, ntx = 5, irest = 1,
  ntpr = 1000, ntwr = 10000, ntwx = 1000, ntave=1000,
  ntf = 2, ntc = 2,
  ntb = 1, cut = 10.0,
  nstlim =1000000, dt = 0.002,
  ig = 23563,