Re: [AMBER] Problem related to the parallel installation of Amber11

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 07:25:52 -0400

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 5:11 AM, Sindrila Dutta banik <
sindrila.duttabanik.yahoo.com> wrote:

> Respected Sir,
>
> As per your advice to run the configure_mpich2 script in
> $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src, I tried it. But it shows that the command not
> found because there is no such file. The list of files which are in folder
> are as follows:
>
> antechamber chamber etc lapack
> netcdf pbsa rism xray
> arpack cifparse fftw-2.1.5 leap
> netcdf_config.log pnetcdf semantics
> blas config.h fftw2_config.log lib
> nss pnetcdf_config.log sff
> byacc configure gleap Makefile
> ptraj sqm
> c9x-complex configure_openmpi include nab
> reduce ucpp-1.3
>

> As there is a file namely configure_openmpi (I think this might be related
> to the MPI), I run this script file. And it gives the following error
>
> Setting AMBERHOME to /usr/local/amber11/AmberTools
>
> You must download openmpi and extract it here
> (for example, type 'tar xvfj openmpi-1.4.1.tar.bz2')
> See http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.4/ for more info;
> Then, re-run this script.
>

> Then I download the bz2 file and extract and re run the script. Again it
> gives the same error. Noteably, As I extract it only a new folder is
> created and no other files.
>
> Please help me out, how to solve this problem.

You need to download openmpi-1.4.1.tar.bz2 (note the version 1.4.1, do not
download 1.4.5). Also, make sure you extract it in
$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src so the directory
$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/openmpi-1.4.1 exists.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate