[AMBER] Problem with PM6 in sqm

From: Wei Lin <w5lin.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:45:24 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I tried to run MD simulation with PM6 Hamiltonian for a small charged
cluster contained d-orbital element. After ~ 38 steps of simulation, the
system blows up with error message as follows:

QMMM: WARNING!
QMMM: Unable to achieve self consistency to the tolerances specified
QMMM: No convergence in SCF after 1000 steps.
QMMM: Job will continue with unconverged SCF. Warning energies
QMMM: and forces for this step will not be accurate.
QMMM: E = -0.6307E+06 DeltaE = 0.1152E-01 DeltaP = 0.3365E-02
QMMM: Smallest DeltaE = 0.3550E-03 DeltaP = 0.2442E-02 Step = 787

Then, I set up another simulation for the same system with Gaussian
interface. The simulation runs well.

Andy Goetz suggested that can be related to SCF convergence algorithms
in sqm. I am wondering if anyone knows how to overcome this problem.

The mdin (both in sqm and Gaussian interface), inpcrd, prmtop and run
files are attached.

Thanks,
Wei